So, we will be using what is called a bat file to create a locked folder to keep, protect and hide our files.
Steps On How To Protect Folder With Password
- Open a notepad.
- Download, open then copy the code in the attached text file at the bottom of this page and paste inside the notepad you just opened
- Scroll to line 23 of the code (if NOT %pass%==Your Password Goes Here goto FAIL)
- And change the word ‘pass’ (marked in italics in the above statement to your preferred password.)
Never mind about all other codes, only that line of code should be of interest to you.
- Click on the File menu
- Also, Select Save As
- Then Save the file with .bat extension
- You can now delete the other text file leaving the .bat file.
- So double click the bat file
- A Folder named Locker will be automatically created.
- You may now copy all files you want to protect into the locker folder.
- Again double click the .bat file
- A command prompt will come up asking you “Are you Sure You Want to Lock the Folder (Y/N)?
- Just type Y ( meaning Yes)
Then the locker folder created will disappear
- To view the folder and your hidden files, double click the .bat file again.
A command prompt comes up asking for the password which you had modified in the code earlier.
- Type in the password and the locker folder appears for you to access your hidden files.
We do hope this article on how to protect folder with password on windows was helpful.
We can leave us a comment on our comment box below to share your thoughts